I've mentioned weight loss on this blog a few times but just to recap, I lost almost 3 stones (42 lbs) from around January 2014 until September 2015 on Slimming World. I was more dedicated for the first few months then I sort of kept losing some and putting a bit back on. Nothing too drastic though and then I got really focused when I decided fairly last minute (around 6 months before) to book a wedding. After that was over, I felt like there wasn't much to look forward to anymore having turned 30, bought my house and got married in a short space of time so I turned to food, massively! Like, 1 and a half stone (21 lbs) gain kinda crazy!
I finally decided enough is enough and I'm back on it properly but doing it online this time, instead of going to group. I decided to do this update post so you can see what kind of foods I've been eating etc and I might make it a regular thing but probably not weekly as things will probably get repetitive.
Staying on track - week 1:
- I tried to look at meals I used to have, such as those on this blog post, to get inspiration and ideas of how I lost weight in the past.
- Focused on what I can eat, not what I can't. So I try to make my meals syn-free or very low syn so that I can still have my chocolate. When there were treats at work, I decided that I was allowed a little bit of those and I had 4 syn hot chocolates at home as my evening sweet treat. This way I managed to have mini cookies and caramel shortbread, as well as chocolate cake, last week at work. I also had cups of sugary tea and penguin bars when visiting my parents! I was then still able to have Options hot chocolate with light squirty cream and marshmallows after dinner!
- Went clothes shopping because I was absolutely sick of not fitting into my clothes and needed a few bits to get me by until I've lost some weight over the next few months. It was depressing trying on clothes and feeling big, compared to how I was in the summer but I decided to use this as motivation for getting back to how good I felt when I could pick up the majority of clothes I liked and feel pretty good trying them on.
Meals I ate last week:
- Alpen Light Bars
- Soft Boiled Eggs and Toast
- Fried Egg Toastie
- Jacket Potato with Beans and Cheese
- Tuna and Sweetcorn Pasta
- Leftover dinners
- Spicy Tomato and Mozzarella Penne
- Nacho-Style Feast (recipe here)
- Sweet Chilli Chicken (recipe here), Rice and Veg
- Stir-fry Rice and Veg
- Chinese Fakeaway
- Tomato and Mushroom Pasta (recipe here)
- Cheesy Chorizo Pasta
I lost 2.5 lbs! Not bad for eating lots of my favourite foods like pasta, chocolate, cake, chorizo and cheese, eh?! That's why I love Slimming World!
Here's to a good second week! If I make anything worth showing, I'll probably put it on instagram so make sure you're following me @suzyheartsbeauty!
Are you on a weight loss journey?
What are your favourite healthy meals?